So, I’ve been using the Trulicity for 4 weeks now, and have a few observations.
First, my numbers are much improved overall. Fasting and post-meal are better. No major spikes.
Second, it has wrecked my appetite. I don’t feel hungry much, and I’m not able to eat a whole lot when I do. There’s a bit of nausea, and I have noticed more heartburn flareups as well, but that’s the extent of the GI side effects that I’ve experienced so far.
Third, I’m not using nearly as much insulin as I had been before starting this. I’ve cut my Lantus in half, and since I’m not eating as much, I’m not having to use as much Humalog.
And I’ve stopped the Farxiga that I was on, because I don’t feel like I need it, and the yeast infections were too much.
In hindsight, I wish I’d have made this change a long time ago instead of resisting it, but I don’t regret fighting to keep the medications that I had used successfully for so long.
We live and we learn as we go. One day at a time.