It’s day 27 of the Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge and the prompt is: 5 Challenges & 5 Small Victories.
5 Challenges & 5 Small Victories. Make a list of the 5 most difficult parts of your health focus. Make another top 5 list for the little, good things (small victories) that keep you going.
1) The Expense – The monthly co-pays for 12 medications, testing supplies and related stuff, as well as the mountain of hospital bills that I’m trying to pay off are the constitute the biggest challenge I have in living with type 2 diabetes and congestive heart failure.
2) Mental Exhaustion – The stress of trying to deal with the expenses, the daily maintenance routine, crazy work schedules, and family issues is exhausting. Extremely exhausting. And that leads to other problems.
3) Exercise – Maintaining an exercise regimen is something that I’ve always struggled with doing. It’s a work in progress.
4) Diet – No one is perfect.
5) Keeping my health from being center stage all the time.
1) Seeing the numbers 100, 111, and 123 on my meter. It makes sense if you have diabetes.
2) Realizing that my love of nature photography and the simple act of walking can be combined for a great exercise opportunity.
3) Writing this blog helps with the mental aspects of diabetes and CHF.
4) Finding the Diabetes Online Community.
5) Carbe Diem, in Moderation!